Clive Murphy Ltd.

Privacy Notice - to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations and UK data protection laws, Clive Murphy Limited of 19 Anderton Rise, Millbrook, Torpoint, Cornwall PL101DA will be what is known as the 'Controller' of the personal data you provide to us.

How we collection information about you

We collect personal data about you and in particular your financial circumstances. This may be done in the following ways:-

  • Directly from you such as at meeting, or via telephone calls, letters, e-mails and from documents provided to us.
  • From other organisations such as H.M. Revenue & Customs and Companies House.

Clive Murphy Limited does not collect personal data via its website.

Why we need your data

The information we collect and process is required so that we can perform our contractual obligations to provide accountancy and tax consultancy services as agreed in our formal Letter of Engagement.

What we do with your data

All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK. Data will primarily be stored in the UK but it is possible that some data will be stored in servers outside te EU. This is because we use remote data storage as a security measure in case data stored at our offices should be destroyed, say by a computer virus or a fire at our premises. Also, some services we use are based on-line, such as tax return completion software. In those circumstances we do not know or have control of the data storage locations, but all data stored in that way is encrypted and would not be accessible to anyone other than ourselves. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so, or you have specifically agreed to the release of the information.

We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.

What are your rights

If at any point you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated.

If you are not satisfied with our response or believe that we are processing your personal data in a way that is not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office:

Free initial consultation with no obligations.
I can be contacted by telephone (01752 822975) 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, or by e-mail at:

Contact Me